FAQ 003460 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
The Concrete Design add-on combines all CONCRETE add-on modules from RFEM 5/RSTAB 8. Compared to these add-on modules, the following new features have been added to the Concrete Design add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9:
- Input of design-relevant specifications (effective lengths, durability, reinforcement directions, surface reinforcement) directly in the RFEM or RSTAB model
- Extensive input options for longitudinal and transverse reinforcement of members
- Detailed intermediate results for the design with specification of the equations of the applied standard for better traceability of the calculation
- New interaction diagram with interactive graphic for N, M, and M + N from cross-section design incl. output of the secant and tangent stiffness
- Design of the defined reinforcement in the ultimate limit state and serviceability limit state incl. graphical output of the design ratio for the respective component
- Automatic check of the defined reinforcement with regard to the construction or general reinforcement rules for reinforced member and surface components
- Cross-section design optionally with net values of the concrete section
- Design according to the Russian standard SP 63.13330
- When converting from the manual definition of reinforcement areas to the automatic arrangement of reinforcement according to Window 1.4, the result of the deformation calculation differs, although the basic reinforcement has not been modified. What is the reason for this change?
- I obtain different results when comparing the deformation analysis in the RF‑CONCRETE add-on modules and another calculation program. What could be the reason for this?
- Is it also possible to graphically display the intermediate values or design details from the calculation in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- I do not obtain any deformations in the results of the calculation with RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces. What can be the reason?
- When performing "manual definition of the reinforcement areas" in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, do I have to completely reinforce the entire structural component manually? Or does RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces apply the required reinforcement in the areas where I have not performed the manual definition?
- For design with CONCRETE NL, is the creep applied to the entire cross-section, or to the concrete compression zone only?
- When I create a user-defined result value, the RFEM solver window opens briefly and the calculation is apparently performed again. Why? I have already performed the calculation before.
- Can I design a reinforced concrete structure according to ÖNORM in RFEM?
- In RF-CONCRETE Members, I can display the rendering of a provided reinforcement in a structure. Is this also possible for the results from RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces? In the form of single members or meshes?
- I am trying to verify RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces on the basis of the results of the example from the manual. Chapter 2.4.3 describes the determination of the statically required reinforcement. Unfortunately, I cannot create an example that exactly represents these results. Can you send me the corresponding example?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of reinforced concrete members and surfaces (plates, walls, planar structures, shells)
Analytical deformation analysis of plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete
Physical and geometrical nonlinear calculation of beam and plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete