Bolted Connections with Surface and Solid Elements
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Tower | Hinged connections of lattice tower members according to EC 3
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Column Base | Hinged and restrained column bases according to EC 3
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-DSTV | Standardized connections in steel buildings according to EC 3
Spherical 3D member fastener (Mero) modeled by solid, view in the direction of the X-axis, deformation
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
- I would like to use surface releases to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2017 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2015 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- How can I display the contact stresses on a contact solid?
- The calculation of my model results in unrealistically high stresses at many locations. What is the reason?
- How can I model a support of a member on a bracket with screws?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2019 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- In RF-/STEEL EC3, I get an error message saying that the node with a support does not exist in the set of members. What is the reason?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements