FAQ 004470 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Besides the standardized gamma method, you can display the semi-rigid composite beams also as a framework model.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- Is it possible to transfer properties, such as the cross-section, or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface, of an existing element to a new element?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- After opening a duopitch roof beam from RX‑TIMBER in RFEM/RSTAB, it is displayed with a gap in the apex zone. Does this affect the calculation?
- Can I consider a shear force reduction with the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I have created automatic load combinations according to EN 1990 + 1995 (CEN). Although Ψ2,1 = 0, there are the factors greater than zero applied for wind and snow. Is this a program error?
- Is it possible to design timber structures in RFEM or RSTAB?
- Is it possible to import effective lengths from RF‑STABILITY or RSBUCK in RF‑/TIMBER Pro?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions