Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Design of a K-hollow section node from architecturally appealing KHP sections. Notes on special features of the design.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I cannot find any reason why no plastic design is performed for a class 1 cross-section. Normally, you have to select the check box for the elastic design.
- How can I design any SHAPE‑THIN cross-section in detail in RFEM or RSTAB?
- I design a set of members using RF‑/STEEL EC3. In accordance with the manual calculation, the design is fulfilled, but it cannot be performed successfully in the add-on module. Why?
- What is the difference between the RF‑/STEEL and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on modules?
- When entering data in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module, I get the error message "Incorrect location of the intermediate lateral restraint". Why?
- How can I use springs for nodal supports in the design of sets of members in RF‑/STEEL EC3?
- I perform a stability analysis of a beam for lateral-torsional buckling. Why is the modified reduction factor χLT,mod used in the design according to DIN EN 1993‑1‑1, 6.3.3 Method 2? Is it possible to deactivate this?
- For the design of a set of members in STEEL EC3, I cannot define effective lengths. Am I doing something wrong?
- I need to define different types of lateral intermediate restrains for a single element in RF-/STEEL EC3. Is this possible?
- I compare the flexural buckling design according to the equivalent member method and the internal forces according to the linear static analysis with the stress calculation according to the second-order analysis including imperfections. The differences are very large. What is the reason?