Tapered Steel Frame Structure
Model to Download
In EN 1993-1-1, the General Method was introduced as a design format for stability designs, which can be used for planar systems with any boundary conditions and variable structural height. The design checks can be performed for a loading in the main supporting plane and simultaneous compression. The stability cases of lateral-torsional buckling and flexural buckling are analyzed from the main supporting plane, that is, about the weak component axis. This model was used to explain the question of how flexural buckling in the main supporting plane can be verified in this context.
Model Used in
- I design a single-symmetric cross-section (T‑section) and get the message "Non-designable: ER056) The general method is applicable only for I‑sections." Why?
- I design a set of members with a uniform, double-symmetric cross-section and get the message: "Non-designable: ER051) Moment about z‑axis on asymmetric cross-section, taper or set of members." Why?
- Are boundary conditions transferred from RFEM/RSTAB when performing the analysis in RF‑/STEEL Warping Torsion or General Method in RF‑/STEEL EC3?
- I perform an analysis according to General Method 6.3.4 EN 1993‑1‑1 and have activated the addition "Adapted Method According to Naumes." The critical factor α*crit is displayed in red. Should I be worried?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?