Concrete and Steel Structure
Model to Download
Download the model of concrete and steel structure here and open it with the finite element program RFEM.
This model was used in the free webinar " New Features in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9" on May 12, 2022 (Arabic).
Model Used in
This article shows you the internal forces and displacements of a continuous beam calculated both with and without consideration of shear stiffness.
- I received an error message “Surface of incompatible type... (Surface in upper plane of building story must be of ‘Load transfer’ type)” when running the calculation. What is the reason?
How can I efficiently define line hinges on several surfaces?
- My live load is less than or equal to 100 psf. How do I consider the reduced load factor in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- I do not see the seismic load cases in my generated ASCE 7 load combinations (COs). How do I add them?
- How do I create an imperfection based on a mode shape in RFEM 6?
- How do I apply the ASCE 7 Orthogonal Directional Combination procedure (100% + 30% rule) to my seismic load in a static analysis?
- Why does the load wizard "Member Load from Area Load" give unnecessary concentrated loads?
- Why does the eHORA map of Austria give different snow loads than your Geo-Zone tool?
- The limit stress is activated, but my stress ratio is “non-designable” in the Stress-Strain Analysis add-on. What could be the reason?
- How do I define a member as a cantilever and not as supported at both ends for serviceability or deflection design?