Hotel at Rotterdam Airport, The Netherlands
The Landslide Hotel is located near the Rotterdam Airport. The multi-story reinforced concrete structure was designed by the engineering office Van Numen from Rosmalen, The Netherlands, and the structural anlalysis was performed utilizing RFEM.
|Architecture and Structural Design||
Raadgevend Ingenieursburo van Nunen B.V., The Netherlands
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
In the case of using the slow‑curing concrete (usually for thick components), you can reduce the calculated minimum reinforcement by a factor of 0.85 to apply the load due to restraint, according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Section 7.3.2.
Calculation and Design of Two-Story Building: Analysis of Two Options (Steel-Concrete Composite Structure and Modular Construction)
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
Is it possible to specify shrinkage effects as loads?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The four plates, identically loaded, show different negative moments at the point of support. Is this a mistake?
- How is the static depth d calculated in the bending design of block foundations (calculation as equivalent beams)?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- When should the punching load be determined with the (un)smoothed distribution of the shear forces at the critical perimeter?
- How can I graphically display the determined load increasing factors ß from the RF‑PUNCH Pro calculation?
- I would like to perform punching shear design on a column with downstand beams as a wall corner or wall end. However, the module applies an internal column. Is it possible to adjust it?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements