Concrete Piers and Steel Pipe Rack Seismic Analysis, the Netherlands
Witteveen+Bos performed a seismic analysis on an existing concrete foundation with piers, located in the Netherlands. The connected steel pipe rack and piping system were included in the analysis.Utilizing a multimodal response spectrum analysis in RFEM, Witteveen+Bos specified a unique response spectra to analyze the structural response induced by this seismic activity.
Witteveen+Bos N.V., the Netherlands
Do you have further questions or need advice? Contact us via phone, email, or chat or find suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page available 24/7.
For the components of the joint, you can check whether stability failure is relevant (add-on structural stability for RFEM 6/RSTAB 9 required).
The critical load factor for all analyzed load combinations and the selected number of mode shapes is calculated for the connection model. The smallest critical load factor is compared with the limit value 15 from the standard EN 1993-1-1, clause 5. In addition, a user-defined adjustment of the limit value is possible. Furthermore, the corresponding mode shapes are displayed graphically as the result of the stability analysis.
For the stability analysis, an adapted surface model is used to specifically recognize the local buckling shapes. The model of the stability analysis, including the results, can also be saved and used as a separate model file.
- What is the maximum number of reinforcement groups that can be created in a design case in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- I would like to perform punching design of a floor slab. I have selected nodes for the design, but they are marked as invalid. Where did I make a mistake?
- Is it possible to display the deformation analysis of a surface (limit 0.5‰)?
- Is the deformation analysis in state II included in the concrete design in RFEM 6?
- How can I open the interaction diagram from Concrete Design?
- Where can I activate creep for concrete design?
- Why are the members invalid for the Concrete Design add-on?
- Is it possible to design single-layer reinforced surfaces with RFEM 6?
- How do I perform stability analysis to determine the critical load factor in RFEM 6?
- How can I optimize cross-sections within the steel design?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis