Concrete Piers and Steel Pipe Rack Seismic Analysis, the Netherlands
Witteveen+Bos performed a seismic analysis on an existing concrete foundation with piers, located in the Netherlands. The connected steel pipe rack and piping system were included in the analysis.Utilizing a multimodal response spectrum analysis in RFEM, Witteveen+Bos specified a unique response spectra to analyze the structural response induced by this seismic activity.
Witteveen+Bos N.V., the Netherlands
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis