Concrete Piers and Steel Pipe Rack Seismic Analysis, the Netherlands
Witteveen+Bos performed seismic analysis on an existing concrete foundation with piers, located in the Netherlands. The connected steel pipe rack and piping system were included in the analysis.Utilizing a multimodal response spectrum analysis in RFEM, Witteveen+Bos specified unique response spectra to analyze the structural response induced by this seismic activity.
Witteveen+Bos N.V., the Netherlands
Do you have any further questions or need advice? Contact us via phone, email, chat or forum or search the FAQ page, available 24/7.
This article shows how the “Time-Dependent Analysis” add-on is integrated in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9.
RF-/DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of Natural Frequencies and Mode Shapes
RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Plate Buckling Analysis for Plates with or Without Stiffeners According to 1993-1-5
- The load distribution on my members looks different when using the Load Transfer surface vs. the Load Wizards. What is the reason?
- I received an error message “Surface of incompatible type... (Surface in upper plane of building story must be of ‘Load transfer’ type)” when running the calculation. What is the reason?
- My beam has a continuous lateral support and therefore lateral torsional buckling (LTB) is not a concern. How do I define the effective length?
- How can I efficiently define line hinges on several surfaces?
- How do I include the overstrength factor(s), Ωo in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- How do I include the overstrength factor(s) Ωo in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- How do I include the redundancy factor(s) ρ in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- My live load is less than or equal to 100 psf. How do I consider the reduced load factor in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- I do not see the seismic load cases in my generated ASCE 7 load combinations (COs). How do I add them?
- How do I create an imperfection based on a mode shape in RFEM 6?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids, and contact elements
Analysis of Natural Vibrations
Seismic and static load analysis using multi-modal response spectrum analysis