Velodrome Project, Paraguay
At Metalúrgica Vera SRL, a metalworking company in Paraguay, metal structures are manufactured and assembled for various projects. One such project is the Velodrome, a sports facility prepared for cycling competitions.
|Structural Engineer||Ing. Gustavo Resquin|
|Manufacturing and Assembly||Metalúrgica Vera S.R.L.|
The structure was calculated entirely by the Calculation Department of Metalúrgica Vera SRL, according to the corresponding regulations and the Paraguayan Wind Standard NP 196.
The most relevant aspect of this type of structure is the roof cover, with an area of approximately 11,000 yd2. It is made of frames with "bi-articulated arches" spanning about 256 feet between supports and with a rise of about 39 feet. The structure's weight is 235 tons.
Do you have further questions or need advice? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum, or search the FAQ page, available 24/7.
RF-/JOINTS Steel - Column Base Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Hinged and Restrained Column Bases According to EC 3
RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Plate Buckling Analysis for Plates with or Without Stiffeners According to 1993-1-5
RF-/STEEL Fatigue Members Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Fatigue Design of Members According to EN 1993-1-9
RF-IMP/RSIMP Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Generation of Equivalent Geometric Imperfections and Pre-Deformed Initial Structures
RF-/JOINTS Steel - Tower Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Hinged Connections of Lattice Towers According to EC 3
RF-/TOWER Effective Lengths Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of Effective Lengths for Lattice Towers
RF-/FE-LTB Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Lateral-Torsional Buckling Analysis According to Second-Order Analysis (FEM)
RF-/CAVITY Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Ultimate Limit State Design of Welded Hollow Section Connections According to EC 3
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How can I display the internal forces in the global coordinate system and not in the principal coordinate system of the cross-section?
- I am designing a set of members using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment".What could be the reason?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
- I have a trapezoidal roof structure supported by beams. However, the moments on the beams are smaller than they should be. What could be the reason for this?