RF-PIPING Design Add-on Module for RFEM
Stress Analysis of Pipelines
RF-PIPING Design is used to design pipelines. The module compares the existing pipe stresses with the allowable stresses according to EN 13480‑3, ASME B31.1‑2012, and ASME B31.3‑2012.
The design in RF-PIPING Design is based on the pipe modeling in RF-PIPING add-on module.
- Design according to EN 13480-3, ASME B31.1-2012, and ASME B31.3-2012
- Check of the minimum required wall thickness of the pipes, taking into account manufacturing allowances, corrosion, and welding factor
- Analysis of stresses due to sustained loads, sustained and occasional loads as well as due to thermal expansion
- Result documentation with tables and graphics in the RFEM printout report
After modeling piping systems in RFEM using RF‑PIPING and defining loads as well as load and result combinations, you can carry out pipe stress analysis in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module.
You can select all or only some pipelines and loads, load or result combinations for piping design. The database contains a variety of materials of the standards EN 13480-3, ASME B31.1-2012 and ASME B31.3-2012.
After the calculation, the results are displayed in clearly arranged windows; for example, by cross‑section, by pipeline, or by members. The utilization ratio can also be displayed graphically in RFEM on the entire model. This allows you to see critical or oversized areas at a glance.
In addition to input and result data including design details shown in tables, you can add any graphic into the printout report. This way, a comprehensible and clearly arranged documentation is guaranteed. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
- I design pipelines using the RF-PIPING Design add-on module. I have created a new prestress load case and loaded the piping with longitudinal displacement. Is it possible to add this new load case to combinations that are generated automatically?
- Is it possible to analyze and design piping systems in RFEM?
- Why is it not possible to load the OPE combinations in the RF‑PIPING Design add-on module?
Customers who bought this product also bought
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids, and contact elements
Modeling piping systems
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members
Analysis of Natural Vibrations
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Design of reinforced concrete members and surfaces (plates, walls, planar structures, shells)
Seismic and static load analysis using multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Module Extension for RFEM
Extension of the modules for reinforced concrete design by the Eurocode 2 design
Consideration of nonlinear material laws
Reinforced concrete design according to the model column method (method based on nominal curvature)