Seismic Design According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
Webinars provide the opportunity to gain expert knowledge and to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Dlubal programs.
Date | Time
ContentFree Webinar | Seismic Design According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
This webinar shows how to perform seismic design according to the response spectrum analysis in the structural analysis and design programs RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9.
Below, under Models to Download, you will find the model(s) used in the webinar. This will allow you to independently follow the webinar step by step with the provided model after the presentation is complete.
Additionally, each participant will receive a certificate of completion for the hours attended.
|-||Modal analysis using a practical example|
|-||Seismic design according to the response spectrum analysis|
|-||Use of results for the structural component design|
|-||Printout report documentation|
Please NoteDuring the presentation, you will have the opportunity to ask individual questions.
Take advantage of this free webinar and sign up today! The number of participants is limited. After your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email including information on how to join the webinar.
A computer with internet access is required as well as a loudspeaker, headphones, headset or any other listening device. Alternatively, you can dial in using a phone line for audio connection.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Andreas Hörold
Marketing & Public Relations
Mr. Hörold takes care of the Dlubal Software website, creates press releases as well as marketing materials, and is the moderator of the German and English webinars.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Stefan Frenzel
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Frenzel is responsible for the development of products for dynamic analysis. He also provides technical support for customers of Dlubal Software.
Stefan Hoffmann, M.Sc.
In the Customer Support Dept., Mr. Hoffmann is handling requests of our users.
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
Seismic Analysis in RFEM 6 is possible by using the modal analysis and the response spectrum analysis add-ons. As a matter of fact, the general concept of the earthquake analysis in RFEM 6 is based on the creation of a load case for the modal analysis and the response spectrum analysis, respectively. The standard group for these analyses are set in the Standards II tab of the model’s Base Data.
Different Natural Frequencies Without Consideration (left) and with Consideration of Tension Members (right)
Compared to the RF-/DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations add-on module (RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Modal Analysis add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9:
- Preset combination coefficients for various standards (EC 8, ASCE, etc.)
- Optional neglect of masses (e.g. mass of foundations)
- Methods for determining the number of mode shapes (user-defined, automatic - to reach effective modal mass factors, automatic - to reach the maximum natural frequency)
- Output of modal masses, effective modal masses, modal mass factors, and participation factors
- Tabular and graphical output of masses in mesh points
- Various scaling options for mode shapes in the result navigator
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- How can I perform an earthquake analysis in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How can I display mode shapes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- There are two different add-on modules for a response spectrum analysis in RF‑/DYNAM Pro. What can be the reasons for the different results of both add-on modules?
- RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations and RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads perform the multi-modal response spectrum analysis. What are the differences?
- How can I adjust the number of decimal places in the standardized table values of a mode shape?
- How can I display the results of the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module in the printout report?
- In RF‑/DYNAM Pro, the Rayleigh damping is available. How do I determine and use these factors?
- There are two solving methods for a linear time history analysis available in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module. What is the difference between them?