FAQ 001448 EN-US
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- After running the program as a full version and working with it for a certain period of time, an error message appears when saving the file, saying that the authorization failed. What is the reason and how can I save my file anyway?
- What method is applied in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads add-on module?
- Which type of file is used for RFEM and RSTAB?
- I obtain different results when comparing the deformation analysis in the RF‑CONCRETE add-on modules and another calculation program. What could be the reason for this?
- For the design, I can only select the surrounding reinforcement for a rectangular cross-section. Why?
- How can I change the exponential display of the results to the display of integral numbers?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- In the global calculation parameters, the "Exceptional handling" option for members is grayed out and cannot be activated. What is the reason?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Is it possible to open an RSTAB file in RFEM and the other way round?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions