FAQ 003461 EN-US
Can’t find the answer to your question? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum or send us your question directly through our online form.Submit Individual Question
To perform deflection analysis in the right manner, it is important to “inform” the program about the exact support conditions of the element of interest. The definition of design supports in RFEM 6 will be shown for a reinforced concrete member set.
For the joint components, it is possible to check whether the stability failure is relevant (requires the Structure Stability add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9).
In this case, the critical load factor for all analyzed load combinations and the selected number of mode shapes is calculated for the connection model. The smallest critical load factor is compared with the limit value 15 from the standard EN 1993‑1‑1, Clause 5. Furthermore, a user-defined adjustment of the limit value is possible. Moreover, the corresponding mode shapes are displayed graphically as the result of the stability analysis.
For the stability analysis, an adapted surface model is used to specifically recognize the local buckling shapes. The model of the stability analysis, including the results, can also be saved and used as a separate model file.
- Can I define a different bar size in the RFEM 6 Concrete Design add-on other than the default bar sizes available in the drop-down?
- Can the RFEM 6 Concrete Design add-on automatically design member and surface reinforcement?
- Why is it not possible to select the user-defined additional reinforcement for the serviceability limit state design in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- What is the maximum number of reinforcement groups that can be created in a design case in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- I would like to perform punching design of a floor slab. I have selected nodes for the design, but they are marked as invalid. Where did I make a mistake?
- Is it possible to display the deformation analysis of a surface (limit 0.5‰)?
- Is the deformation analysis in state II included in the concrete design in RFEM 6?
- How can I open the interaction diagram from Concrete Design?
- Is it possible to design single-layer reinforced surfaces with RFEM 6?
- Why are the members not valid for the Concrete Design add-on?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions