Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
If a timber connection is designed as shown in Figure 01, the torsional spring stiffness resulting from the connection can be considered. This can be determined by using the modulus of displacement of the fastener and the polar moment of inertia of the connection, neglecting the area of the fastener.
Influence of shear deformation on the total deformation for single -span beams with rectangular cross -sections
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- How can I perform a stability analysis for a tapered member?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- In RF-/TIMBER AWC and RF-/TIMBER CSA, I receive the Error 49927 and Error 54089 respectively which says the cross-section is not permitted. Why can I not design this section in the module?
- Can I consider a reduction of the stiffness according to the German regulation NCI NA.5.9 in TIMBER Pro?
- Why is the strength always reduced by the kmod value of 0.6 during the calculation in the RF‑LAMINATE add‑on module, although I have load combinations with variable loads?
- I have selected all available members for design in RF-/TIMBER Pro. Why are tapered members not designed?
- When performing the fire resistance design with TIMBER Pro, I get the error 10001. How can I fix the error?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions