RF-/STEEL AISC | Features
- Design of members and sets of members for tension, compression, bending, shear, combined internal forces, and torsion
- Stability analysis of buckling and lateral torsional buckling
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams and continuous members
- Automatic determination of the ideal elastic critical moment Mcr for each member or set of members on every x-location according to the Eigenvalue Method or by comparing moment diagrams. You only have to define the lateral intermediate supports.
- Module extension RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion (the licence is required) for stability analysis according to the second‑order theory as stress analysis, including consideration of 7th degree of freedom (warping)
- Automatic cross-section classification (compact, noncompact, and slender)
- Serviceability limit state design (deflection)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, T-sections, angles, rectangular and circular hollow sections, round bars, symmetrical, asymmetrical and parameterized I- and T-sections as well as angle irons and double angles
- Clearly arranged input and result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard used
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-sections, x-location, or by load case, load and result combination
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
- Metric and imperial units
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.