We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
Design Cold-Formed Steel According to EN 1993-1-3 with Dlubal Software
First Steps with RFEM
This video shows the cold-formed steel member design options according to the Eurocode with the Dlubal Software programs RFEM and RSTAB.
RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections is an extension of the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module. The module extension calculates the ultimate and serviceability limit state design for cold-formed steel members according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5.
The stand alone program SHAPE THIN determines section properties of open or closed thin walled cross-sections including cold-formed sections and performs the stress analysis and plastic design.
Dlubal Product Feature Cold-formed cross-section Cold-formed section Cold-formed steel design Cold-formed plate EC 3 Eurocode 3 DIN EN 1993-1-3 Stiffener Plates DIN EN 1993-1-5 Local transverse forces Effective cross-section Product description for the feature Product Feature Dlubal Software feature
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The design of cold-rolled steel products is defined in EN 1993-1-3. When designing the ultimate limit states, it is also necessary to ensure that local transverse forces do not lead to compression, crippling of the web or local buckling in the web of the sections.
Product Features Articles
- Available for cold-formed L, Z, C, channel, top-hat, and CL sections from the cross-section database, as well as for cold-formed (non-perforated) SHAPE-THIN 9 cross-sections
- Determination of the effective cross-section considering the local buckling and the distortional buckling
- Cross-section ultimate limit state, stability, and serviceability limit state designs according to EN 1993‑1‑3
- Design of local transverse forces for webs without stiffening
- Available for all National Annexes included in RF-/STEEL EC3
- RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion module extension (license required) for stability analysis according to the second-order analysis as stress analysis including consideration of the 7th degree of freedom (warping)