We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the main programs RFEM and RSTAB.
Model to Download
Download the model of a terrace covering here and open it with the finite element program RFEM.
This model was used for FAQ 4590, among others.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- For which countries can I use the snow load generator in RFEM / RSTAB?
- Which load direction should I selected for members and surfaces in the case of a wind load?
- I just have to calculate an open hall with low roof loads and relatively high wind loads compared to it. In theory, a design of the bottom flange for buckling/toppling would have to be performed. Unfortunately, there is no combination of 1.0 * G +1.5 * W.
- How do I get the largest column load in my RFEM 3D model?
- For a tapered member, I get the error message "Invalid (incompatible) arrangement ...". What can I do?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?