Model to Download
Timber panel for the master thesis about traditional craftsmanship with decorative timber framed structures
- Views 322x
- Downloads 42x
- Updated 30 December 2020
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER SANS | Design of members made of timber according to SANS 10163 (South African standard)
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER CSA | Design of members made of timber according to CSA 086 (Canadian standard)
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- "During the calculation of material non-linearity, the material with a decreasing branch of the diagram can be calculated with one load increment only." Why do I get this error?
- The calculation of my model results in unrealistically high stresses at many locations. What is the reason?
- Is it also possible to enter the temperature for a surface in the XZ plane by using the height (variable in Z)?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2019 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Which stiffnesses does RFEM use for orthotropic hollow core slabs with rectangular cavities?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?