Cross-Section Properties Software
The SHAPE-THIN stand-alone program determines the cross-section parameters for any thin-walled and cold-formed cross-sections and calculates their stresses. A plastic design is possible.
The stand-alone program SHAPE‑MASSIVE determines the section properties of any thick-walled cross-section and calculates the stresses. In addition, it is possible to perform reinforced concrete design according to Eurocode 2 and other standards.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
The cross-section data of a SHAPE-THIN section can be documented not only in the printout report with the usual selection options, but also as a short version. With the "Report Summary" option, the current cross-section graphic as well as the most important input and output data are summarized on one page.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- What is the difference between the dongle drivers of CRANEWAY and RFEM or RSTAB?
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- The import of internal forces from RFEM or RSTAB to SHAPE‑THIN requires the administrator rights. Is it possible to carry out the transfer without the administrator rights?
- Is it possible to open files created with SHAPE‑THIN in the previous program versions, such as SHAPE‑THIN 7?
- I have imported a SHAPE‑THIN cross-section into RFEM/RSTAB. How can I update the cross-section in RFEM/RSTAB if the cross-section has been changed in the SHAPE‑THIN program?
- I check the cross-section properties of rolled cross-sections in SHAPE‑THIN and had to find out that there are discrepancies with the tables when determining the torsional constant It. How can this be explained?
- After running the program as a full version and working with it for a certain period of time, an error message appears when saving the file, saying that the authorization failed. What is the reason and how can I save my file anyway?
- I get an error message saying that there is no material assigned to one or more point elements. How can I solve the problem?
- How can I change the exponential display of the results to the display of integral numbers?
- What is the difference between SHAPE‑THIN 9 and SHAPE‑THIN 8?
Properties and stresses of thin-walled and cold-formed cross-sections
Cross-Section Properties Software
Section properties, stress analysis, and reinforced concrete design of thick-walled cross-sections