Single-Span Beam, Member Elastic Foundation
Model to Download
Question: Why is there no support force displayed even though I have modeled the member foundation?
Answer: If the model contains members with elastic foundations, the contact forces and contact moments are displayed numerically in Table 4.7. To control the graphical display of results, select the Members check box in the Results navigator.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How can I display a load-deformation diagram for any node of the structure?
- Where are the user-defined cross-sections saved and how is it possible to access them?
- Could you please explain where do I increase the calculated forces in the work window? They are so small that I cannot recognize them.
- In RF‑/DYNAM Pro, the Rayleigh damping is available. How do I determine and use these factors?
- What do I have to consider when installing and starting the programs by Dlubal Software?
- There are two solving methods for a linear time history analysis available in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module. What is the difference between them?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the design add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- After running the program as a full version and working with it for a certain period of time, an error message appears when saving the file, saying that the authorization failed. What is the reason and how can I save my file anyway?
- What method is applied in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads add-on module?
- Which type of file is used for RFEM and RSTAB?