Reinforced Concrete Building with Steel Extension
Model to Download
Download the model of a reinforced concrete building with a steel extension here and open it with the structural FEA software RFEM.
This model is used in the free webinar "Seismic Analysis According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9" on October 11, 2022 (English, on October 11, 2022, in German).
Model Used in
- Views 416x
- Downloads 62x
- Updated 14 October 2022
- Number of Nodes 130
- Number of Lines 182
- Number of Members 52
- Number of Surfaces 29
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 10
- Number of Load Combinations 100
- Number of Result Combinations 1
- Total Weight 1.143.760 t
- Dimensions 22.000 x 10.500 x 20.000 m
This article shows how the “Time-Dependent Analysis” add-on is integrated in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9.
Seismic Analysis According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 | Mon, 10 Oct, 2022 | 2.00 PM - 3.00 PM CEST
'Gulliver' Wooden Airship Above DOX Centre for Contemporary Art in Prague, Czech Republic (© Jan Slavík, DOX)
- The load distribution on my members looks different when using the Load Transfer surface vs. the Load Wizards. What is the reason?
- My beam has a continuous lateral support and therefore lateral torsional buckling (LTB) is not a concern. How do I define the effective length?
- I received an error message “Surface of incompatible type... (Surface in upper plane of building story must be of ‘Load transfer’ type)” when running the calculation. What is the reason?
- How can I efficiently define line hinges on several surfaces?
- How do I include the overstrength factor(s) Ωo in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- How do I include the overstrength factor(s), Ωo in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- How do I include the redundancy factor(s) ρ in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- My live load is less than or equal to 100 psf. How do I consider the reduced load factor in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- I do not see the seismic load cases in my generated ASCE 7 load combinations (COs). How do I add them?
- How do I create an imperfection based on a mode shape in RFEM 6?