Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/TIMBER NBR Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Timber Members and Sets of Members According to NBR 7190:1997
The RF‑/TIMBER NBR add‑on module performs the ultimate and serviceability limit state design according to the Brazilian timber construction standard NBR 7190:1997.
RF‑/TIMBER NBR includes a large cross-section library as well as an extensive material library with standard‑specific strength values. In addition to stress analysis, it is also possible to perform stability analysis for members in RF‑/TIMBER NBR according to the equivalent member method or the second order analysis. Furthermore, it is possible to perform serviceability limit state design.
- Full integration in RFEM/RSTAB including import of all relevant information and internal forces
- Design of members and sets of members in tension, compression, bending, shear and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis for lateral torsional buckling and buckling according to the equivalent member method or the second order analysis
- Serviceability limit state design in the form of deflection limits
- Brazilian material library and cross-section library
- User-defined entry of rectangular and circular cross-sections
- Optimization of cross-sections with the possibility to transfer them to RFEM/RSTAB
- Optional import of effective lengths from the add-on module RSBUCK
- Comprehensive results documentation with reference to used design equations from the standard
- Wide range of options to filter and sort results including a list of designs by set of members, by cross-section, by x-location or by load cases, load or results combinations
- Consideration of timber moisture conditions
- Visualization of the design criterion on the RFEM/RSTAB model
- Data export to MS Excel
After opening the add-on module, it is necessary to select the members/sets of members, load cases, load or result combinations for the ultimate and serviceability limit state design. The materials from RFEM/RSTAB are preset and can be adjusted in RF‑/TIMBER NBR. Material properties listed in the respective standard are included in the material library.
When checking the cross-sections, you can specify whether to consider a cross-section selected in RFEM/RSTAB, or a modified cross-section. Then, you can define the load duration classes, the moisture service conditions, and timber treatment.
The deformation analysis requires the reference lengths of the relevant members and sets of members. Furthermore, you can define a specific direction of deflection, precamber and the beam type.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compression force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximum allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
After the calculation, the module displays the results in clearly-arranged result tables. All intermediate values (such as governing internal forces, modification factors, and others) are included, providing a transparent design. The results are listed by load case, cross-section, member, and set of members.
If the calculation fails, you can modify the relevant cross-sections in an optimization process. It is also possible to transfer the modified cross-sections to RFEM/RSTAB to recalculate the internal forces.
Stress ratios are represented on the RFEM/RSTAB model by different colors in order to immediately recognize over-designed or critical areas of the model. Result diagrams of members and sets of members allow for targeted evaluation.
In addition to the input and result data in tables, you can add all graphics into the global printout report. In this way, coherent and clearly arranged documentation is ensured. The report contents and the extent of the results can be selected specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-TIMBER NBR 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
TIMBER NBR 8.xx