We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
Dlubal RFEM 5 | Introduction to the FEA structural analysis software
First Steps with RFEM
RFEM is a structural analysis program for structural and dynamic analysis and design of 3D structures.
This introductory video explains in 5 minutes the FEA structural analysis software RFEM workflow, which options are offered, and the basic user interface. This short video also gives an overview of the entire design process including the initial model input and design up to the final documentation and printout report for your review engineers.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
FAQ 004717 | In my structure, there are three load cases on the left, which should act alternatively with each other, and three load cases on the right, which should act alternatively with each other. However, the individual load cases should be combined with those on the other side. How can I set such conditions?
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The design of rigid end plate connections is particularly complex for four-row connection geometries and multi-axis bending stresses because there is a lack of official design methods.
Product Features Articles
If the check box "Number of load increments" is deactivated, the number of load increments will be determined automatically in RFEM to solve nonlinear tasks efficiently.
The used method is based on a heuristic algorithm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it sufficient to use a line hinge between two surfaces?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- In my structure, a channel section runs flush with a surface. How can I display the welded connection in detail?
- In my structure, a channel section runs flush with a surface. What is the easiest way to simulate a welded connection?
- In RF-PUNCH Pro, I get an error message saying that the selected edges of the surface do not converge to a corner. What does it mean? How can I fix the error?
- How can I shorten a member by a certain amount?
- How can I delete the individual loads by load case?
- How can I define individually or simultaneously acting load cases from different actions?
- Can I create a user-defined load or result combination despite the automatic load combination?
- How can I change the colors of member hinges for a screen or a printout report?