We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 003486 | How can I display the results of the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module in the printout report?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionHow can I display the results of the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module in the printout report?
AnswerThe results of the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on modules Forced Vibrations , Nonlinear Time History and Equivalent Loads are not listed directly in the printout report. This is generally due to the fact that dynamic calculations require a lot of data and results.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The National Building Code of Canada (NBC) 2015 Article 18.104.22.168 provides a clear procedure for earthquake methods of analysis.
Different natural frequencies without consideration (left) and with consideration of tension members (right)
Product Features Articles
Calculation with consideration of a damping ratio (or Lehr's damping) is not possible in the direct time step integrations. Instead, the Rayleigh damping coefficients must be specified by the user.
In technical literature, the given damping ratio for specific construction forms is in many cases only a rough approximation of the real damping ratios. In RF-/DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations, it is possible to use the value of damping ratio to determine the Rayleigh damping. This may occur at one or two natural angular frequencies defined by the user.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- In RF‑/DYNAM Pro, the "From self-weight of structure" option is available in a mass case. Is it always necessary to activate this option in order to consider the dead load of the structure?
- How can I display the results of the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module in the printout report?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I noticed deviations from the map of DIN EN 1998‑1 or DIN 4149 in the online service "<a href="https://www.dlubal.com/en/solutions/online-services/snow-load-wind-speed-and-seismic-load-maps" target="_blank">Geo-Zone Tool: Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps</a>." Can you tell me which map is current and thus governing?
- How do you distinguish between the response spectra with equivalent loads and the response spectra without equivalent loads in RFEM and RSTAB?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Why do I only obtain the seismic loads calculated in one direction in the case of design with RF‑/DYNAM Pro?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- During the check in RF‑/DYNAM Pro, I get the message "No natural vibration case or dynamic load case has been selected for the calculation." Why?
- How can I enter or read out a response spectrum via the COM interface in DYNAM Pro?