We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 002001 | For a floor slab calculated in RFEM, I would like to display the resultant of the support forces on this line support in a single load case.The aggregate resultant of all support forces in a load case can be displayed. How can I display the resultant of selected line support?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionFor a floor slab calculated in RFEM, I would like to display the resultant of the support forces on this line support in a single load case.
The aggregate resultant of all support forces in a load case can be displayed. How can I display the resultant of selected line support?
If you activate the "Info" option in the Project Navigator - Display under Results → Support Reactions, an extended display is shown for each line support. Among other things, it shows the sum of the resulting force as well as its eccentricity.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The structural analysis programs RFEM and RSTAB are able to simulate a thermal strain of structural components by means of temperature loads.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- I cannot manage to correctly import the cross-section from a dxf file into the SHAPE‑THIN program, the imported cross-section is in a wrong plane. What can I do?
- How can I create a drilled beam in RFEM?
- How can I find out in which version of RFEM/RSTAB was the model saved?
- I have installed Rhino 7. When trying to export the model to RFEM, the data are not transferred. What do I wrong?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- I often edit the reinforcement provided by the program. Adjusting the reinforcement by using coordinates takes much effort and time if having several beams in the model. Is there any way to speed up the reinforcement editing?
- How do I display the load combination description according to an action category, such as "D, L, W" instead of "LC1, LC2, LC3"?