We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 004247 | How can I authorize the RWIND Simulation program with a hardware key on a single‑user computer?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionHow can I authorize the RWIND Simulation program with a hardware key on a single‑user computer?
- Run RWIND Simulation "As Administrator." To do this, right-click the RWIND Simulation icon and select "Run As Administrator."
Figure 01 - Program Start
- Confirm the authorization check with the "Activate Now" function.
Figure 02 - Authorization Check
This opens the "RWIND Simulation 1.xx Demo Authorization Status" dialog box.
- In the "RWIND Simulation 1.xx Demo Authorization Status" dialog box, select the "Hardware Key" option in the Authorization Method area.
Figure 03 - Authorization Method
- The authorization of the program RWIND Simulation with a hardware key requires an installed hardware key device driver on the computer where you want to run the RWIND Simulation. Since many other programs (RSTAB, RFEM, and so on) use a similar software protection technology, this device driver is already installed on the computer in many cases. The correct use of the driver package can be checked on the local website http://localhost:1947/_int_/diag.html. If a functioning driver is displayed there, no action is necessary, and you can skip to the next point.
Figure 04 - Device Driver Check
If not, the necessary driver has to be installed with the "Install/Reinstall Device Driver" function.
Figure 05 - Device Driver Installation
- Make sure that the single-user hardware key is connected to the local computer or the network hardware key is connected to the network computer.
- After the hardware key has been completely initialized, authorize the RWIND Simulation program with the "Check Hardware Key and Apply Changes" function and click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Figure 06 - Authorization
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Surface Model of Wind Pressure Distribution on China Central Television Headquarters Building
Knowledge Base Articles
Computer technology has a firm grip on digital structural analysis and design. With each new development, the involved planners are able to push the limits of what is feasible upwards.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the optimal wind tunnel size in RWIND Simulation?
- Is there the ability to apply the adjusted wind tunnel dimensions in RWIND Simulation for all wind load cases instead of making the revision manually for each load case?
- On the dlubal.com website, I found the option to display the results along a line, or the option to enter the points manually. Where can I find this result view?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- How can I delete the RWIND Simulation results in an RFEM or RSTAB model?
- Is it possible to display the RWIND Simulation results in ParaView?
- How is the Cp coefficient of the surface result determined in RWIND Simulation?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- Why is the surface pressure distribution in RFEM different from the corresponding surface pressure distribution in RWIND Simulation?
- Why does RWIND Simulation not converge to the preset minimum pressure difference, but oscillates about a higher limit value?