We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
SVT 019 | Cross-Model Load Cases and Combinations
First Steps with RFEM
This video shows how to transfer load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to different models using the combination scheme. This may be beneficial for large projects where uniform load cases and combinations should be used for all models.
You can use the combination scheme to easily assign load cases and combinations to newly created models at the push of a button.
Dlubal SVT Combination Scheme Load Cases Reduce load cases Load Combinatorics Result combination Combinatorics Load assumptions Structural load assumptions Preliminary design SHORT VIDEO TUTORIAL Dlubal Short Video Dlubal Tutorial
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
In the category H - Roofs, imposed loads have to be applied. These are usually the technician loads for construction and maintenance. Since there is no maintenance for snow, the category H must not include both snow and imposed loads together. You can consider this in the options for automatic combinations.
Product Features Articles
The "Edit Load Cases and Combinations" dialog box provides the option of the automatic generation of load and result combinations after selecting the corresponding combination expressions. In this clearly arranged dialog box, it is also possible to copy, add, or renumber load cases, for example.
Furthermore, you can manage the load cases and combinations in Tables 2.1 – 2.6.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I automatically generate result combinations?
- How can I only calculate specific load cases, load combinations, or result combinations by using a command with the COM interface?
- How can I set as quickly as possible that the load combinations generated by the program will be calculated according to the geometrically linear analysis, for example?
- Is there any option to export/import a combination scheme COMPLETELY?
- Can I save my load combinations and result combinations and import them again in other models?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I consider loads from the self-weight as "favorable" and "unfavorable" for the combinations?
- For a specific combination rule, I would like to consider a load case with a combination coefficient that deviates from the standard. How can I proceed?
- I have created automatic load combinations according to EN 1990 + 1995 (CEN). Although Ψ2,1 = 0, there are the factors greater than zero applied for wind and snow. Is this a program error?
- I use automatic combinations, but some load cases are not used in the generated combinations. How can I change it?