Programmable COM Interface for RFEM/RSTAB
Information about the Free Webinar
This webinar demonstrates how to use the COM interface to integrate external programs with RFEM and RSTAB.
Date | Time
|1:45||Features of COM interface|
|7:50||Principles for creating structural elements|
|18:10||Interface to the STEEL EC3 add-on module with optimizing the length of a tapered beam|
Presentation Model to Download
Below, under Models to Download, you can find the model used in the webinar. This will allow you to independently follow the webinar step by step with the provided model.
- Slides to Webinar "Programmable COM Interface for RFEM/RSTAB" (PDF)
- Excel File for Webinar "Programmable COM Interface for RFEM/RSTAB"
- RFEM 5 Online Manual
- RF-COM/RS-COM Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
- Videos and Introductory Examples About RF-COM and RS-COM
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I set the calculation parameters by using the COM interface?
- How can I create a result beam by using the COM interface?
- How does the asynchronous calculation via the COM interface work?
- Is it possible to create nodal releases via the COM interface?
- Is it possible to display more values for the stress distribution over the layers in RF-LAMINATE?
- When modeling a beam connection to a continuous column, I have the problem that the column flange fails to bend. If I now add shims to the FRAME & # 8209; JOINT Pro add-on module, nothing changes at all design ratios. Why is that?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- For a tapered member, I get the error message "Invalid (incompatible) arrangement ...". What can I do?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?