FAQ 003604 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
RFEM add-on module RF-LOAD-HISTORY | Consideration of plastic deformations from previous load conditions
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/STEEL BS | Design of steel members according to BS 5950 or BS EN 1993-1-1
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-DSTV | Standardized connections in steel buildings according to EC 3
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER CSA | Design of members made of timber according to CSA 086 (Canadian standard)
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/FE-LTB | Lateral -torsional buckling analysis according to theory II. Order (FEM)
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- When entering a new material using the Diagram definition type, the first row is locked. How can I define the material?
- When comparing RF‑CONCRETE Columns with another design software, I get different results. How to explain the differences?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- Where can I find detailed information about orthotropy mentioned in the manual?
The design criterion for VEd/VRd,c is displayed as governing, although there should be a shear reinforcement designed. Also, the design of VEd/VRds is missing. Why is that?
- Which calculation method is the basis for the stability analysis in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- Is it possible to enter a curtailed reinforcement in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- How many divisions must a member have for the calculation in RFEM in order to obtain accurate results?
- How can I determine the controlling internal forces at a node that several members frame into for connection design?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Consideration of nonlinear material laws