Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Dlubal Webinar: Design of Steel Constructions according to EC 3 | Part 2: Stability Analysis, Design
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
This article describes the basic principles and modeling approaches of pulley systems in RFEM.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is it necessary to enter the loads of a crane for each axle or wheel in the table of crane loads in Window 1.4?
- Is it possible to design a crane runway girder without stiffeners on supports in CRANEWAY?
- I would like to use the CRANEWAY add-on module to design a suspension crane. Where are the design points 0, 1, and 2 for the stress analysis on the bottom flange and for the fatigue design?
- How can I introduce releases on the supports in the CRANEWAY program to prevent the effect of continuity?
- How is it possible to optimize the calculation time in CRANEWAY?
- I am trying to manually check the deformations from the CRANEWAY add-on module. However, I obtain great deviations. How to explain the differences?
- How can I obtain internal forces, calculated in CRANEWAY, for a special x-location?
- Where can I enter distances of crane axes?
- Does the fatigue design in CRANEWAY also consider welded stiffeners?
- Two cranes are running on one crane runway. What is the definition of the exposure categories for the interaction between the cranes?