We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 004120 | Is it possible to manually adjust detail categories or a stress cycle of the detail categories?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionIs it possible to manually adjust detail categories or a stress cycle of the detail categories?
You can control the detail categories in Window "1.3 Cross-Section" and in the "Edit Detail Categories" dialog box.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
This article describes the basic principles and modeling approaches of pulley systems in RFEM.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is it possible to design intermittent welds in the CRANEWAY add-on module?
- Is it necessary to enter the loads of a crane for each axle or wheel in the table of crane loads in Window 1.4?
- Is it possible to design a crane runway girder without stiffeners on supports in CRANEWAY?
- I would like to use the CRANEWAY add-on module to design a suspension crane. Where are the design points 0, 1, and 2 for the stress analysis on the bottom flange and for the fatigue design?
- How can I introduce releases on the supports in the CRANEWAY program to prevent the effect of continuity?
- Is it possible to manually adjust detail categories or a stress cycle of the detail categories?
- How is it possible to optimize the calculation time in CRANEWAY?
- I am trying to manually check the deformations from the CRANEWAY add-on module. However, I obtain great deviations. How to explain the differences?
- How can I obtain internal forces, calculated in CRANEWAY, for a special x-location?
- Where can I enter distances of crane axes?