FAQ 004245 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
For the design of concrete surfaces, the rib component of the internal forces can be neglected for the ULS calculation and for the analytical method of SLS calculation, because this component is already considered in the member design. To this end, select the check box in the ‘Details’ dialog box. If no rib was defined, this function is not available.
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- Is it possible to design bidirectional ribbed plates, unidirectional ribbed plates, or hollow core slabs in RFEM?
- Why is the deflection of the reinforced concrete floor sometimes greater when selecting a larger basic reinforcement?
- When calculating deformations in RF‑CONCRETE Members, I see inconsistencies in the deflection diagram. Why?
- I get Error 108 when designing steel stress in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces. Why?
- I do not obtain any deformations in the results of the calculation with RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces. What can be the reason?
- When determining internal forces in RFEM, I obtain compression axial forces that do not arise in the design internal forces in the design in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces. Why, what is the reason?
- Is it also possible to reduce the shear force on a support or perform design with the shear force at a distance d to the support in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- When performing "manual definition of the reinforcement areas" in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, do I have to completely reinforce the entire structural component manually? Or does RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces apply the required reinforcement in the areas where I have not performed the manual definition?
- When I create a user-defined result value, the RFEM solver window opens briefly and the calculation is apparently performed again. Why? I have already performed the calculation before.
- For design with CONCRETE NL, is the creep applied to the entire cross-section, or to the concrete compression zone only?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of reinforced concrete members and surfaces (plates, walls, planar structures, shells)