Surface Results Adjustment in RFEM 6
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
The calculation of complex structures by means of finite element analysis software is generally performed on the entire model. However, the construction of such structures is a process carried out in multiple stages where the final state of the building is achieved by combining the separate structural parts. To avoid errors in the calculation of overall models, the influence of the construction process must be considered. In RFEM 6, this is possible by using the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) add-on.
The calculation is now optimized utilizing a multi-core processor technology. It enables parallel calculations of linear load cases and load combinations by several processors without additional demands on the RAM: The stiffness matrix has to be created only once. Thus, even large systems can be calculated with the fast direct solver.
For models where many load combinations have to be calculated, several solvers (one per core) are started in parallel. Each solver then calculates a load combination. This leads to a better utilization of the cores.
The development of the deformation is displayed in a diagram during the calculation. This allows for good assessment of the convergence behavior.
- In RFEM 6, I am looking for the line releases known from RFEM 5. Are they no longer available in RFEM 6?
- Where in RFEM 6 can I set that the stresses within the elements should be displayed constantly?
- Can I switch the required reinforcement in the result tables from "mesh nodes" to "grid points?"
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- When converting from the manual definition of reinforcement areas to the automatic arrangement of reinforcement according to Window 1.4, the result of the deformation calculation differs, although the basic reinforcement has not been modified. What is the reason for this change?
- I would like to define a line support with ineffective tension and apply the tension force on this line by using a nodal support instead. Why does the line support still receive a tension force?
- Why do I get a discontinuous area in the distribution of internal forces? In the area of the supported line, the shear force VEd shows a jump, which does not seems to be plausible.