Calculating Unreinforced Foundation in RF-/FOUNDATION Pro
Tips & Tricks
In RF-/FOUNDATION Pro, it is also possible to calculate unreinforced foundation plates according to Chapter 12.9.3, EN 1992-1-1 . To do this, you select the “Without bending reinforcement according to 12.9.3” check box in the “Foundation Plate” section of the “Details” dialog box.
The design of plain foundation slabs is carried out by keeping the ratio of foundation depth to foundation projection (overhang), provided that
|[LinkToImage02]||Foundation overhang from the column side|
|σgd||Design value of the soil pressure|
|fctd, pl||Design value of the concrete tensile strength|
In the result windows, the intermediate values of the described design are documented in detail.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Alexander Meierhofer
Head of Product Engineering Concrete & Customer Support
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Distribution of vertical soil stresses and related settlement under a uniformly distributed load from 
- Available types of foundation:
- Foundation plate (optionally without bending reinforcement)
- Bucket foundation with smooth bucket sides
- Bucket foundation with rough bucket sides
- Block foundation with smooth bucket sides
- Block foundation with rough bucket sides
- Design according to EN 1992-1-1 and EN 1997-1
- The following National Annexes of Eurocode 2 and Eurocode 7 are available:
DIN EN 1992-1-1/NA/A1:2015-12 | DIN EN 1997-1/NA:2010-12
ÖNORM B 1992-1-1:2018-01 | ÖNORM B 1997-1:2007-11
DK EN 1992-1-1/NA:2013 | DK EN 1997-1/NA:2007
BDS EN 1992-1-1:2005/NA:2011 | BDS EN 1997-1:2005/NA:2012
SFS EN 1992-1-1/NA:2007-10 | SFS EN 1997-1/NA:2004-01
NF EN 1992-1-1/NA:2016-03 | NF EN 1997-1/NA:2006-09
UNI EN 1992-1-1/NA:2007-07 | UNI EN 1997-1/NA:2005-01
NEN EN 1992-1-1 C2:2011/NB:2016-11 | NEN EN 1997-1+C1:2012/NB:2012
PN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2010 | PN EN 1997-1/NA:2005-05
STN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2008-06 | STN EN 1997-1/NA:2005-10
SIST EN 1992-1-1:2005/A101:2006 | SIST EN 1997-1/NA:2006-03
UNE EN 1992-1-1/NA:2013 | UNE EN 1997-1:2010
SvenskS EN 1992-1-1/NA:2008 | SvenskS EN 1997-1:2005/AC:2009
- Czech Republic:
CSN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2016-05 | CSN EN 1997-1/NA:2014-06
- United Kingdom/Northern Ireland:
BS EN 1992-1-1:2004/NA:2005 | BS EN 1997-1:2004
CPM EN 1992-1-1:2009 | CPM EN 1997-1:2009
CYS EN 1992-1-1:2004/NA:2009 | CYS EN 1997-1/NA:2004
In addition to the National Annexes (NA) listed above, you can also define a specific NA, applying user-defined limit values and parameters.
- Automatic calculation of governing loading from load cases
- Specification of additional support forces
- Determination of the reinforcement proposal for bottom and top plate reinforcement considering the most favorable combination of mat and rebars
- Individual adjustment of reinforcement proposal
- Results of foundation reinforcement in detailed reinforcement drawings
- Results displayed in tables and graphics
- Visualization of foundation, columns and reinforcement in 3D rendering
- Is it also possible to perform the crack width analysis according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Section 7.3, in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- Can I design a reinforced concrete structure according to ÖNORM in RFEM?
- Can I use RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces to determine the steel mass for the inserted reinforcement?
- I cannot open the dialog box for entering the soil profile in FOUNDATION Pro anymore. Why?
- Where on the foundation is the load applied in the design with FOUNDATION Pro?
- What is the difference between the add-on modules RF‑/FOUNDATION and RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- In RF‑FOUNDATION Pro, I get Error Message No. 30195. What can I do?
- How can I enter the earth covering of a bucket foundation up to 10 cm below the top edge of the bucket in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- Which principles are used for the design of the lap length performed in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro? And can I deactivate this design?
- Can I somehow verify the bending moment from the integration of contact stresses determined in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?