Steel and Concrete Structure
Model to Download
Model of a multistory building made of steel and concrete with a wide variety of cross-sections, which can be exported to AutoCAD in a .dgn file for the rendering.
Model Used in
- Structural Engineering Software for Buildings
- Structural Engineering Software for Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Steel Structural Analysis & Design Software
- Planning with BIM | What is BIM?
- Planning with BIM | Integration with Autodesk Revit
The construction industry is increasingly digitized. Structural engineers, a smaller group in the construction industry, are not always considered as engineers who immediately join the latest trends. Often for good reason.
- How can I export my member structure from RFEM/RSTAB so I can continue to use it in my design program? In the case of the export to the *.dxf format, I only get centroid lines.
- When comparing the partial calculation of a single floor with the total calculation of the building, there are very different local deformations. Why?
- When modeling a building, there is a location where I have a wall on a ceiling that is not supported underneath. What are the modeling options for this?
- When I apply an area load to a surface with an opening, the load is not not accounted for at the opening. Is it possible to automatically consider the area load as a line load around the opening perimeter?
- Are the effective length coefficients in the add-on modules for the aluminum and steel design automatically determined from the model or do I have to make adjustments?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
Is it possible to specify shrinkage effects as loads?
Is it possible to calculate American steel cross-sections?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?