- Technical Article | Calculating Critical Load Factor for Linear Buckling Analysis
- Technical Article | Plate Buckling Analysis of Steel Shell Structures Using MNA/LBA Concept
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The architectural requirements for railings are still very high and usually require a high degree of transparency.
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
The tower model in the RFEM program (the entire tower on the left, detail of the steel part on the right) (© Allcons sro)
Buildings made of cross-laminated timber (CLT), glued-laminated timber and OSB panels modeled with the RFEM program
The model is constructed by means of parameters for geometry and loads and regenerates when the parameters are changed.
Product Features Articles
After activating the RF‑PIPING add‑on module, a new toolbar is available in RFEM and the project navigator and tables are extended. Piping modeling is performed in a similar way as members. Pipe bends are defined by using tangents (straight pipe sections) and bend radius at the same time. Thus, it is easy to subsequently change bend parameters.
It is also possible to extend the piping subsequently by defining special components (expansion joints, valves, and others). The implemented libraries of structural components facilitate the definition.
Continuous pipe sections are defined as sets of piping systems. For piping loads, member loads are assigned to the respective load cases. The combination of loads is included in piping load combinations and result combinations. After the calculation, you can display deformations, member internal forces and support forces graphically or in tables.
Pipe stress analysis according to standards can then be performed in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module. You only need to select the relevant sets of piping systems and load situations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I have to dimension a wall bracket (steel brackets). I have modeled it as surface components in RFEM. The question: Which module can be used to calculate these steel brackets?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- I cannot find any reason why no plastic design is performed for a class 1 cross-section. Normally, you have to select the check box for the elastic design.
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
- For the direction of internal forces, I have four options under the "Grouped" selection box to smooth the internal forces. Which grouping should I choose here?
- I have modeled two nodes on a surface in RFEM. The results do not show the displacement at these two nodes. How can I obtain it?
- How can I model a weld, for example as a fillet weld?
- Why is it not possible to use result combinations in RF‑STABILITY? It is possible in RSBUCK indeed.
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members