FAQ 002255 EN
- Technical Article | Calculating Critical Load Factor for Linear Buckling Analysis
- Technical Article | Plate Buckling Analysis of Steel Shell Structures Using MNA/LBA Concept
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
You can use the selection options in the printout report to receive the detail results (in short or long form) to illustrate the individual buckling modes with the relevant buckling analysis.
- I have to dimension a wall bracket (steel brackets). I have modeled it as surface components in RFEM. The question: Which module can be used to calculate these steel brackets?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- For the settlement calculation in the RF‑SOILIN add-on module, the specific weight gamma and gamma,sat are required for the soil. What do I need the value gamma,sat for, and how is it assumed in the calculation?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- When converting from the manual definition of reinforcement areas to the automatic arrangement of reinforcement according to Window 1.4, the result of the deformation calculation differs, although the basic reinforcement has not been modified. What is the reason for this change?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?
- I would like to define a line support with ineffective tension and apply the tension force on this line by using a nodal support instead. Why does the line support still receive a tension force?
- Why do I get a discontinuous area in the distribution of internal forces? In the area of the supported line, the shear force VEd shows a jump, which does not seems to be plausible.
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members