- Technical Article | Calculating Critical Load Factor for Linear Buckling Analysis
- Technical Article | Plate Buckling Analysis of Steel Shell Structures Using MNA/LBA Concept
Write a Comment...
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Roller Support with Seating Cleat
Pneumatic Roof Structure
Lightweight Structure and CLT in RFEM
Member with coupling to solid
Model for FAQ 2775 Stresses orthotropic
Model of FAQ 4616 - Suspended Ceiling
Model of Cooling Tower
Knowledge Base Articles
This article explains the equation solver for a nonlinear calculation with a Newton-Raphson iteration.
Product Features Articles
After activating the RF‑PIPING add‑on module, a new toolbar is available in RFEM and the project navigator and tables are extended. Piping modeling is performed in a similar way as members. Pipe bends are defined by using tangents (straight pipe sections) and bend radius at the same time. Thus, it is easy to subsequently change bend parameters.
It is also possible to extend the piping subsequently by defining special components (expansion joints, valves, and others). The implemented libraries of structural components facilitate the definition.
Continuous pipe sections are defined as sets of piping systems. For piping loads, member loads are assigned to the respective load cases. The combination of loads is included in piping load combinations and result combinations. After the calculation, you can display deformations, member internal forces and support forces graphically or in tables.
Pipe stress analysis according to standards can then be performed in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module. You only need to select the relevant sets of piping systems and load situations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I have to dimension a wall bracket (steel brackets). I have modeled it as surface components in RFEM. The question: Which module can be used to calculate these steel brackets?
- Why is it not possible to use result combinations in RF‑STABILITY? It is possible in RSBUCK indeed.
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- Are the Dlubal Software programs suitable for the analysis and design of hydraulic steel structures?
- I would like to use surface releases to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- How do I display the nodal displacements graphically?
- Are silos/tanks possible to export from RFEM into Revit?
- How can I design any SHAPE‑THIN cross-section in detail in RFEM or RSTAB?
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members