Block Functions in Tables
Tips & Tricks
In addition to the standard functions, the input tables of the main program also have the block functions. With these functions, you can edit the data in the selected rows and columns of the table in one step.
You can access the block functions by right-clicking in the table:
- Add - A value is added to or subtracted from the selected cells with a numerical value.
- Multiply - Cells with a numerical value are multiplied by a factor.
- Divide - Cells with a numerical value are divided by a divisor.
- Set - The value of the first selected cell is set to all cells in the selection.
- Generate - Cells between the first and the last selected row are generated by interpolation of both edge values.
These functions are an ideal tool for adjusting the existing node coordinates to a new geometry, for linear extrapolation of unit load entries to any value, for unifying the values, and much more. Please note, that if you use also the ‘Show Selected Object Only’ function in the table, all block functions apply only to the elements selected in the graphic.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions