CADS Footfall Analysis | Features
- Footfall Analysis links with RFEM, using its model geometry, so that the user is not required to create a second model specifically for footfall analysis
- Allows the user to analyze any type of structure for footfall analysis, irrespective of the shape, material or use
- Quick and accurate predictions of resonant and impulsive (transient) responses
- Cumulative measurement of vibration levels – VDV analysis
- Intuitive output enabling the engineer to improve critical areas in a cost-effective way
- Pass/fail limit check in accordance with BS 6472 and ISO 10137
- Available excitation forces: CCIP-016, SCI P354, AISC DG11 for floors and stairs
- Frequency weighting curves (BS 6841)
- Quick investigation for full model or specific areas
- Vibration Dose Analysis (VDV)
- Adjusting the minimum and maximum walking frequency as well as the walker’s weight
- User-defined input damping values
- Varying the number of footfalls for resonant response, user input or software calculated
- Environmental response limit based on BS 6472 and ISO 10137
In RF-/FOUNDATION Pro, the foundation design requires the definition of the corresponding loading (load cases, load combinations, or result combinations) for the different design situations (STR, GEO, UPL, or EQU).
There is a known complexity of calculating footfall response on irregular floors or staircases of any type. Footfall Analysis uses the RFEM model and the modal analysis results of RF-DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations to predict the vibration levels at all locations on a floor. A rigorous analysis method is essential to enable an accurate investigation of the dynamic behavior of the floor.
The software incorporates the most up to date analysis procedures allowing the user to select between the two most used calculation methods available, namely the Concrete Centre Method (CCIP-016) and the Steel Construction Institute Method (P354).
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- Is it possible to divide a free surface load by the existing lines in RFEM?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Is it also possible to subsequently deactivate the symbols for the FE mesh refinement in an existing graphic in a printout report?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. Once I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Is it possible to transfer properties, such as the cross-section, or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface, of an existing element to a new element?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- What should be considered when using a failure of columns under tension in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro – Equivalent Loads add-on module?