CADS Footfall Analysis | Features
- Footfall Analysis links with RFEM, using its model geometry, so that the user is not required to create a second model specifically for footfall analysis
- Allows the user to analyze any type of structure for footfall analysis, irrespective of the shape, material or use
- Quick and accurate predictions of resonant and impulsive (transient) responses
- Cumulative measurement of vibration levels – VDV analysis
- Intuitive output enabling the engineer to improve critical areas in a cost-effective way
- Pass/fail limit check in accordance with BS 6472 and ISO 10137
- Available excitation forces: CCIP-016, SCI P354, AISC DG11 for floors and stairs
- Frequency weighting curves (BS 6841)
- Quick investigation for full model or specific areas
- Vibration Dose Analysis (VDV)
- Adjusting the minimum and maximum walking frequency as well as the walker’s weight
- User-defined input damping values
- Varying the number of footfalls for resonant response, user input or software calculated
- Environmental response limit based on BS 6472 and ISO 10137
You can make various settings in order to achieve a clearly‑arranged display of the result values. For example, some users may not want the white background in text bubbles. You can adjust the background in ‘Display Properties’ using the option Transparent and Background color.
- Overall maximum response factors and critical nodes
- Resonant analysis (maximum response factor, RMS acceleration, critical node, critical frequency)
- Impulsive (transient) analysis (maximum response factor, peak acceleration/velocity, RMS acceleration/velocity, critical node, critical frequency)
- Vibration dose values for both resonant and impulsive analyses
- Response factor vs walking frequency
- Mass participation vs eigenmodes
- Velocity time history
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. As soon as I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- What should be considered when using a failure of columns under tension in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro – Equivalent Loads add-on module?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- How can I perform the design of the tension resistance of a smooth column in a smooth bucket column base, that is, the design against pulling out the column?