Timber Curved Glulam Structure
Model to Download
Timber curved glulam structure modeled in RFEM. The webinar in the link below demonstrates the design workflow according to the NDS 2015 standard utilizing the RF-TIMBER AWC module.
Model Used in
- Event 000405 | Timber Arch Structure Design per NDS-2018 in RFEM
- Event 001836 | Calculation and verification of arched wooden structures
- Event 002189 | Eurocode 5 | Timber structures according to DIN EN 1995-1-1
- Video 001467 | Invitation to Online Training "Timber Structures Eurocode 5"
- Video 000106 | Structural Analysis and Design of Timber Structures | Dlubal Software
- Video 001353 | Structural Analysis and Design of Timber Arched Structures
- Timber Arch Structure Design per NDS-2018 in RFEM
- RFEM Product website
- Product Description | Structural Analysis Software RFEM
Using the RF-TIMBER AWC module, timber beam design is possible according to the 2018 NDS standard ASD method. The following article will verify the maximum critical buckling in RF-TIMBER AWC using step-by-step analytical equations per the NDS 2018 standard.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Can RF-TIMBER AWC optimize cross-sections for fire design?
- How can I import a parameterized cross-section table into the cross-section library?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The protocol lacks information on the limit time for the assessment of fire resistance R in the RF-TIMBER Pro add-on module. Can this information be added to the report?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. As soon as I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- I have selected all available members for design in RF-/TIMBER Pro. Why are tapered members not designed?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?