2018 NDS and CLT Design in RFEM
Free Online Webinar
- Overview of 2018 NDS updates with CLT design.
- Modeling and loading of a CLT structure in RFEM.
- Analysis and design per 2018 NDS utilizing RF-LAMINATE.
- Up to 01:58: Introduction
- Up to 21:30: Example structure geometry and load application in RFEM
- Up to 24:27: Add-on module concept with RF-LAMINATE
- Up to 27:10: 2018 NDS updates for CLT design
- Up to 40:26: CLT compositions, stiffness reductions, and laminate theory
- Up to 49:15: Final model revisions for CLT structure
- Up to 54:55: Analysis and design results in RF-LAMINATE
- Up to 56:49: Conclusion
Amy Heilig, PE
CEO - USA Office
Sales & Technical Support Engineer
Amy Heilig is the CEO of the USA office located in Philadelphia, PA. In addition, she provides sales and technical support and continues to aid in the development of Dlubal Software programs for the North American market.
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
Arbitrary distributions of concentrated loads often occur in the load definition of beam structures.
Disproportionate Collapse Prevention Analyses for Mid-rise Cross-laminated Timber Platform-type Buildings
I-joists in Timber - Discussion of current design practice and implementation in structural analysis software
Design Project of the Family House P+P+2K Made from Cross-laminated Timber (CLT) and the BIM of the House
- General stress analysis
- Graphical and numerical results of stresses and stress ratios fully integrated in RFEM
- Flexible design with different layer compositions
- High efficiency due to few entries required
- Flexibility due to detailed setting options for calculation basis and extent
- Based on the selected material model and the layers contained, a local overall stiffness matrix of the surface in RFEM is generated. The following material models are available:
- Hybrid (for combinations of material models)
- Option to save frequently used layer structures in a database
- Determination of basic, shear and equivalent stresses
- In addition to the basic stresses, the required stresses according to DIN EN 1995-1-1 and the interaction of those stresses are available as results.
- Stress analysis for structural parts of almost any shape
- Equivalent stresses calculated according to different approaches:
- Shape modification hypothesis (von Mises)
- Maximum shear stress criterion (Tresca)
- Maximum principal stress criterion (Rankine)
- Principal strain criterion (Bach)
- Calculation of transversal shear stresses according to Mindlin, Kirchhoff, or user-defined specifications
- Serviceability limit state design by checking surface displacements
- User-defined specifications of limit deflections
- Possibility to consider layer coupling
- Detailed results of individual stress components and ratios in tables and graphics
- Results of stresses for each layer in the model
- Parts list of designed surfaces
- Possible coupling of layers entirely without shear
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The protocol lacks information on the limit time for the assessment of fire resistance R in the RF-TIMBER Pro add-on module. Can this information be added to the report?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. As soon as I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- When performing the fire resistance design with TIMBER Pro, I get the error 10001. How can I fix the error?
- I have selected all available members for design in RF-/TIMBER Pro. Why are tapered members not designed?
- In RF-/TIMBER AWC and RF-/TIMBER CSA, I receive the error that says torsion limit exceeded. How do I bypass this error message?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Deflection analysis and stress design of laminate and sandwich surfaces