Model to Download
The simplest way to model a bolt connection in RFEM 5 is to define a node in the center of a hole, and then connect it by means of internal members to the surface.
Model Used in
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
- I would like to use surface releases to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2017 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- How can I model and design general bolted connections with the surface and solid elements in RFEM?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2015 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- How can I display the contact stresses on a contact solid?
- The calculation of my model results in unrealistically high stresses at many locations. What is the reason?
- How can I model a support of a member on a bracket with screws?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2019 freely available, and can you send them to me?