Prefabricated Timber Structure
Model to Download
Model used in the master thesis: Digital Prefabrication: Assembled Timber Structure as Constructive Alternative for Social Housing in Ecuador
- Views 214x
- Downloads 39x
- Updated 25 February 2021
To better distinguish the different layer compositions, e.g. for walls and ceilings, you can assign user‑defined colours and textures to each composition.
- General stress analysis
- Graphical and numerical results of stresses and stress ratios fully integrated in RFEM
- Flexible design with different layer compositions
- High efficiency due to few entries required
- Flexibility due to detailed setting options for calculation basis and extent
- Based on the selected material model and the layers contained, a local overall stiffness matrix of the surface in RFEM is generated. The following material models are available:
- Hybrid (for combinations of material models)
- Option to save frequently used layer structures in a database
- Determination of basic, shear and equivalent stresses
- In addition to the basic stresses, the required stresses according to DIN EN 1995-1-1 and the interaction of those stresses are available as results.
- Stress analysis for structural parts of almost any shape
- Equivalent stresses calculated according to different approaches:
- Shape modification hypothesis (von Mises)
- Maximum shear stress criterion (Tresca)
- Maximum principal stress criterion (Rankine)
- Principal strain criterion (Bach)
- Calculation of transversal shear stresses according to Mindlin, Kirchhoff, or user-defined specifications
- Serviceability limit state design by checking surface displacements
- User-defined specifications of limit deflections
- Possibility to consider layer coupling
- Detailed results of individual stress components and ratios in tables and graphics
- Results of stresses for each layer in the model
- Parts list of designed surfaces
- Possible coupling of layers entirely without shear
- Which Dlubal Software programs can I use to calculate and design timber structures?
- How is it possible to display the library of RF‑LAMINATE? We would like to check this is up to date.
- In RF-/TIMBER AWC and RF-/TIMBER CSA, I receive the error that says torsion limit exceeded. How do I bypass this error message?
- Why is the strength always reduced by the kmod value of 0.6 during the calculation in the RF‑LAMINATE add‑on module, although I have load combinations with variable loads?
- Can I consider a reduction of the stiffness according to the German regulation NCI NA.5.9 in TIMBER Pro?
- I have selected all available members for design in RF-/TIMBER Pro. Why are tapered members not designed?
- When performing the fire resistance design with TIMBER Pro, I get the error 10001. How can I fix the error?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?