Two-Story Steel Structure
Model to Download
To control the lateral displacements of a model, you can use the RF-/LIMITS add‑on module. This model was used to demonstrate how the serviceability limit state is analyzed with consideration of horizontal nodal deformations and compared to a limit value.
Model Used in
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- Is it possible to display the mean value of the line support results?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- How can I consider a sway bracing in CRANEWAY?
I have modeled a ceiling slab supported on a shear wall. The shear wall should only absorb axial forces. So I have inserted a line hinge between the surfaces and defined it the way that the hinges are available for all internal forces except for those in the ux direction.
Although there is no hinge defined for ux, the plate deforms without being supported by the shear wall. Where is the error?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- I design an asymmetric cross-section and get the message: "Non-designable: ER051) Moment about z‑axis on asymmetric cross-section, taper or set of members." Why?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- Is it possible to model a slab made of trapezoidal sheet metals?
Is it possible to model and design tapered castellated beams in RF-STEEL AISC?