Enclosure in Form of Soccer Ball with Pneumatic Cushions
Model to Download
Enclosure in form of a soccer ball with pneumatic cushions
- Views 150x
- Downloads 26x
- Updated 27 April 2021
- Size 72,45 MB
- Number of Nodes 368
- Number of Lines 179
- Number of Members 163
- Number of Surfaces 35
- Number of Solids 16
- Number of Load Cases 13
- Number of Load Combinations 7
- Number of Result Combinations 1
- Total Weight 96.355 t
- Dimensions 10.587 x 12.500 x 7.750 m
- Program Version 5.23.00.152982
The DXF interface in RFEM exports now a 3DFACE element in the DXF file for each FE mesh cell of the exported structure. The 3DFACE element is detected by AutoCAD during import, for example, and can be displayed as a surface in the graphic. Different visual styles help display the 3DFACE surfaces in a desired view.
In RFEM, there is an option to couple surfaces with the stiffness types "Membrane" and "Membrane Orthotropic" with the material models "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 2D/3D" and "Isotropic Plastic 2D/3D" (RF-MAT NL add-on module required).
This functionality enables the simulation of the nonlinear strain behavior of, for example, ETFE foils.
- When generating the FE mesh of an ETFE cushion, some problems occur. I cannot find any mistake. What can I do?
- When calculating a cable using the STEEL EC3 add‑on module, there is the error message "Incorrect characteristic stresses for material No. 1! Please correct this in Table 1.2."
- Are effective length factors determined automatically from a model in the add-on modules for the aluminum and steel design or do I have to make adjustments?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
Is it possible to calculate with American steel cross-sections?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- How can I quickly model a chimney with reinforcement rings and stiffeners?
- How can I model and design general bolted connections with the surface and solid elements in RFEM?
- I get the message "Existing torsion -> no stability design possible." Why does this appear and what can I do?
- I design an asymmetric cross-section and get the message: "Non-designable: ER051) Moment about z‑axis on asymmetric cross-section, taper or set of members." Why?