Steel Frame Structure
Model to Download
Supports contributing to a load reduction only under compression or tension can be defined as nonlinear supports.
This model was used to explain the selection of the correct nonlinearity for 'Failure under Tension' or 'Failure under Compression.'
Model Used in
Supports contributing to a load reduction only under compression or tension can be defined as nonlinear supports in RFEM and RSTAB. It is not always easy for the user to select the correct nonlinearity for "failure under tension" or "failure under compression."
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/STEEL BS | Design of steel members according to BS 5950 or BS EN 1993-1-1
RFEM add-on module RF-LOAD-HISTORY | Consideration of plastic deformations from previous load conditions
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/FE-LTB | Lateral -torsional buckling analysis according to theory II. Order (FEM)
RF-/HOHLPROF add-on module for RFEM/RSTAB | Ultimate limit state designs of welded hollow section connections according to EC 3
Compared to the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module (RFEM 5/RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Steel Design add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9:
- In addition to Eurocode 3, other international standards are integrated (e.g. AISC 360, CSA S16, GB 50017, SP 16.13330)
- Consideration of hot-dip galvanizing (DASt guideline 027) in the fire protection design according to EN 1993-1-2
- Input option for transverse stiffeners that can be taken into account in the shear buckling analysis
- Lateral-torsional buckling can also be checked for hollow sections (e.g. relevant for slender, high rectangular hollow sections)
- Automatic detection of members or member sets valid for the design (e.g. automatic deactivation of members with invalid material or members already contained in a set of members)
- Design settings can be adjusted individually for each member
- Graphical display of the results in the gross section or the effective section
- Output of the used design check formulas (including a reference to the used equation from the standard)
- How can I optimize cross-sections within the steel design?
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??