Bus Station Roof Structure in Halle (Saale), Germany
The architectural highlight of the Halle (Saale) bus station includes stylish canopies over the bus platforms. The continuous lights integrated at the roof edges are a real eye-catcher, especially at night.
City of Halle (Saale), Germany
zapf & co. – structural engineering GmbH, Strausberg, Germany
Temme // Obermeier GmbH
Model Data of the Top Layer
The canopies consist of steel structures with arched roofs. PVC-PES membranes and mesh fabric provide protection against the elements, such as rain and snow.
The 4-million-euro bus station renovation includes important attention to accessibility.
Dlubal customer zapf & co. performed the structural analysis, detailed design, and membrane work planning. RSTAB was used for the membrane calculation.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Extension of the RF-/STEEL Warping Erosion module | Lateral -torsional buckling analyzes of members according to the second -order theory with 7 degrees of freedom
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- Can the reduction of strength in the heat affected zone (HAZ) be taken into account in the RF-/ALUMINUM add-on module?
- The design ratio of the cross-section check is different for the RF‑/STEEL and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. What is the reason?
- What is the meaning of the warning message ER061) Minimum amplifier of design loads <1?
- How can I optimize the calculation time in CRANEWAY?
- I would like to define lateral supports along the axis of a structural component that sometimes act on the upper flange, sometimes on the lower flange. However, it is only possible to select one item for each member. How can I create the entry?
- Is it possible to divide a free surface load by the existing lines in RFEM?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the design add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- In RF‑/STEEL EC3, I get an error message saying that the node with a support does not exist in the set of members. What is the reason?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Stress analysis of steel members