Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/TIMBER CSA Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Timber Members and Sets of Members According to Canadian Standard CSA 086-14
The RF-/TIMBER CSA add‑on module performs the ultimate and serviceability limit state designs according to the Canadian standard CSA 086‑09 and CSA 086‑14. It covers the design method of:
- Limit States Design (LSD)
In addition to stress designs, RF‑/TIMBER CSA performs stability analysis of members according to the equivalent member method or second‑order analysis. Furthermore, it is possible to carry out the serviceability limit state design as well as fire resistance design.
- Design of members and sets of members for tension, compression, bending, shear, and combined internal forces
- Stability analyses for buckling and lateral‑torsional buckling according to the Equivalent Member Method or second‑order analysis
- Serviceability limit state design by limitation of deflections
- Free setting of charring rates, time and sides for fire resistance design
- Design of tapered and curved beams consisting of glulam timber
- Material and cross‑section library based on the Canadian standard
- User-defined entry of rectangular and circular cross‑sections
- Automatic cross‑section optimization
- Optional import of buckling lengths from the RF-STABILITY/RSBUCK module
- Detailed result documentation referring to the standard design equations used
- Various filtering and sorting options for results
- Consideration of moisture service conditions
- Visualization of design criterion on RFEM/RSTAB model
- Data export to MS Excel
- Metric and imperial units
After opening the add-on module, it is necessary to select the members/sets of members, load cases, load or result combinations for the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design. The materials from RFEM/RSTAB are preset and can be adjusted in RF-/TIMBER CSA. Material properties listed in the respective standard are included in the material library.
When checking the cross-sections, you can specify whether to consider a cross-section selected in RFEM/RSTAB, or a modified cross-section. Then, you can define the load duration classes, the moisture service conditions, and timber treatment.
The deformation analysis requires the reference lengths of the relevant members and sets of members. Furthermore, you can define a specific direction of deflection, precamber and the beam type.
In the case of fire resistance design, you can also define charring sides by member or set of members.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
After the calculation, the module displays results in clearly-arranged result tables. All intermediate values (such as governing internal forces, modification factors, and others) are included, providing a transparent design. The results are listed by load case, cross-section, member, and set of members. If the calculation fails, you can modify the relevant cross-sections in an optimization process.
Stress ratios are represented on the RFEM/RSTAB model by different colors in order to immediately recognize overdesigned or critical areas of the model. Result diagrams of members and sets of members allow for a targeted evaluation.
In addition to the input and result data in tables, you can add all graphics into the global printout report. In this way, coherent and clearly arranged documentation is ensured. The report contents and the extent of the results can be selected specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-TIMBER CSA 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
TIMBER CSA 8.xx